The museum applies the following measures and has the following facilities for a safe visit:
The museum is open
- We work with tickets with fixed starting times that have to be bought in advance (online tickets with timeslots). In this way we can guarantee that there will never be too many visitors in the museum and that visitors will not all enter the museum at the same time.
- It is mandatory for anyone aged 13 and over to wear a facemask during their visit to the museum.
- Do not leave your home if you have any health problems. You are welcome if you and the members of your household have been without complaints for at least 24 hours.
- Pin only in the museum shop.
Safeguarding a distance of 1.5 metres
- At the museum, we marked an alternative route using floor stickers, to safeguard sufficient space for a safe visit. The route is different from what you are used to. Enjoy this voyage of discovery through the museum!
- Everyone in the museum – visitors as well as staff – keeps a distance of 1.5 metres from each other.
- If you bring a baby or a child who cannot yet walk, preferably bring a bag carrier. As a result of the new measures, we only have limited space for prams and/or buggies. Bring as few belongings as possible to the museum.
- Because of the limited number of visitors that we can receive, we want to give the children every possible space. This is why we ask you to have each group of children preferably accompanied by only 1 adult when you come to the museum.
- Always follow the instructions given by staff members of the museum.
- The museum cleans surfaces such as banisters, door handles and (interactive) games more often than usual. The toilets are also cleaned several times a day.
- Clean your hands on every floor at a disinfection column.
- Visitors are given a touchscreen pen, using which they can operate screens and buttons.
The following facilities are present as standard at the Children’s Book Museum:
- Only two toilets are open in the museum. We ask you to use the toilets as little as possible. Each toilet also has a table for changing nappies.
- If necessary, the lift at the museum can be used.
- Unfortunately, the Museum café is closed for now because of the COVID-19 measures.